CORAZONES DE CUBA
STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE
THE REGULATIONS OF THE OFFICE OF FOREIGN ASSETS CONTROL
PURSUANT TO THE PEOPLE-TO-PEOPLE CATEGORY
This is confirm that tours of Cuba under the auspices of Corazones de Cuba touring company are in complete compliance with the recently amended Regulations announced January 16, 2015 (and amended on November 9, 2017), regarding general licenses for people-to-people exchanges, to wit:
(b) General license for people-to-people travel. The travel-related transactions set forth
in § 515.560(c) and such additional transactions as are directly incident to educational exchanges not involving academic study pursuant to a degree program are authorized, provided that:
(1) The exchanges take place under the auspices of an organization that is a person
subject to U.S. jurisdiction and that sponsors such exchanges to promote people-to-people contact;
(2) Travel-related transactions pursuant to this authorization must be for the purpose of engaging, while in Cuba, in a full-time schedule of activities intended to enhance contact with the Cuban people, support civil society in Cuba, or promote the Cuban people’s independence from Cuban authorities;
(3) Each traveler has a full-time schedule of educational exchange activities that will result in meaningful interaction between the traveler and individuals in Cuba;
(4) An employee, paid consultant, or agent of the sponsoring organization accompanies each group traveling to Cuba to ensure that each traveler has a full-time schedule of educational exchange activities; and
(5) The predominant portion of the activities engaged in by individual travelers is not with individuals or entities acting for or on behalf of a prohibited official of the Government of Cuba, as defined in 31 CFR § 515.337 of this part, or a prohibited member of the Cuban Communist Party, as defined in 31 CFR § 515.338 of this part.
Corazones de Cuba organizes a full-time schedule of educational activities which insure meaningful interaction between the travelers and the Cuban people.
A representative of Corazones de Cuba will accompany the group.
The predominant portion of the planned activities are with the average Cuban and not with individuals or entities acting for or on behalf of the Cuban government. Travelers are lodged at “casas particulares”; no transactions with prohibited entities is included in their itinerary.
Accordingly, given their compliance with the Regulations, transactions directly incidental to these people-to-people activities are authorized under a general license.